I’m 25, born and raised in Chicago land. I went to Drake University in Des Moines Iowa, initially as a pharmacy major. I will admit that the amount of money pharmacists make had a bit of a pull on me, and even though I didn’t like it after one semester, I tried to stick it out for a year before going back to what I had originally intended to major in, history education.
I spent the majority of my time at Drake taking education classes and hanging out with my friends. Freshman year I joined the Phi Gamma Delta, or FIJI, fraternity. I made friends for life there that I still talk to every single day.
My interests are varied in a wide range of fields, though the things I like and do, I tend not to be amazing at, as much as I try. I’m more like a Jack-of-all trades kind of guy, and don’t want to limit myself to one particular thing.
A few of my interests include:
- All things Apple. My parents bought us an original Apple IIe. Next we had a Apple PowerPC, then a grape iMac. I got a G4 iMac for college, and now own a Macbook Pro and an iPhone. It’s safe to say I’m addicted
- Sports. Playing and watching. I like to play almost every sport, though I’m not good at most all of them and just have a good time. In high school I played soccer and tennis.
- History and Politics. I enjoy reading up on all things history and stay current with the news. My favorite historical periods to study are WWII, the French Revolution, and anything with America in it. Politically I have a wide range of beliefs, and I will keep some of those cards close to the vest, as I like to try and have my students guess based on what I tell them.
- Videogames. I think this one is my parents fault. I wasn’t allowed to have a videogame system until I was much older than most of my friends, so I think I played catch up and just played all the time. According to my Dad, I still can’t find my way anywhere because when I should have been paying attention on family trips, I was playing Gameboy. I don’t have as much time to play, but still enjoy it.
- Exercising. This is a love hate relationship. I pretty much hate it, but have to do it so I don’t get huge. Though I will admit that it does become addictive. I think there is something biological to it, but I don’t know.
Some of my favorite things:
Favorite Movie: Hard to pick one, so here’s a few. Ghostbusters, Saving Silverman, Moon, Saving Private Ryan, Field of Dreams
Favorite Restaurants: Ohana, Ban Thai, Cool Basil, Biaggi’s, Planet Sub
Favorite Bands: Cartel, anything that sounds like them, I don’t know I have such wide tastes I listen to anything
Right now I’m spending my time teaching English in Kofu, Japan. In Des Moines I have taught US History, World History, Street Law(Intro to Law) and will be teaching AP Human Geography next year. I love being in the classroom and wouldn’t have it any other way.